Applying for federal financial aid is a four-step process.
All these steps can be completed at: https://studentaid.gov/
- Apply for your FSA ID and Password > If you previously had a PIN, it has been deactivated. You must create a new ID to apply for Federal Student Aid
- Click on Create a FSA ID
- Complete the required fields including adding the confirmation code from your email
- Create your challenge questions and answers – be sure to write these down the final step is to confirm your identity by entering the numeric code provided to you via email from ed.gov. This activation process could take up to 3 days. Be sure to check your Spam.
- Dependent students: Parents need an FSA ID and Password to sign your FAFSA. They can acquire an FSA Id the same way a student does at https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/create-account/launch
- Complete a 2021-22 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Select FAFSA (under Tools and Resources)
- Select new application and follow the online instructions
- Our school code is 007779
- Sign in with you new User ID and Password
- Dependent students must have a parent sign as well.
- You are a first year undergraduate student seeking either a certificate/diploma or a Specialized Associate degree (occupational or technical)
- Answer the questions as they apply to you today
- Answer every question even if the answer is zero(0) or No
- Dependent students need a parent to sign. This requires the parent to have an FSA ID as well.
- You will need your 2015 taxes to answer several income questions on the FAFSA, or you can use the Data Retrieval tool link from the IRS inside the FAFSA form.
- If you are Dependent for financial aid you will also need your parents’ tax information
3. Complete Entrance Counseling (even if you have done this before)
- Go tohttps://studentaid.gov/entrance-counseling/ and Sign in using your new FSA ID and Password
- Select Complete Entrance Counseling
- Select “ I am an undergraduate student” – this will take you to the entrance counseling session
- Follow the instructions and complete the quiz through to the confirmation page
- Print your confirmation page
- You are a first-year undergraduate student seeking either a certificate/diploma or
- a Specialized Associate degree (occupational or technical)
- Undergraduate/ Subsidized and Unsubsidized
- Answer the questions as they apply to you today regarding income and expenses
- Answer every question even if you are unsure
- Apply for your Direct Stafford Loans by Completing your MPN• Remain on https://studentaid.gov/mpn/
- Select Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Select Subsidized/Unsubsidized Stafford (not Grad/Plus)
- Follow the instructions through to “view the PDF”
- Open the PDF file (HTML)
- Print the first page of the PDF
TIPS: You will need your driver’s license, two complete references and your User ID and Password
You must view the entire HTML version to sign and print PDF
Be sure to watch your email (check your Spam or Junk folders too) for additional information from ed.gov
Applying for Pennsylvania State Grant funds is an easy process
1. Go to https://www.pheaa.org/
2. Create an account
3. Complete the state grant application
4. Print the signature page
5. Send the signed signature page to the address provided on the PHEAA form
Remember: You must be enrolled in a degree program to be eligible for a PHEAA state grant.
Be sure to watch your email (check your Spam or Junk folders too) for additional information from PHEAA.org